OST files also known as Offline Storage Table files are the storage pool of Outlook when it is used in synchronization with Exchange Server when Cached Exchange Mode is enabled. The OST file allows the users to work in an offline mode with Exchange data. Once the connection is re-established, the OST file automatically synchronizes with Exchange server and all the changes pending in the queue are updated.
In order to create an OST file in Outlook, the user needs to have a valid mailbox created in Exchange server. In addition to this, the mailbox should have Full Access Permissions enabled on it in order to synchronize it with Outlook OST profile.
Follow the below mentioned steps to create OST profile in Outlook:
1) Click on Start Manu and select Control Paneloption.
2) In this select Mail option.
3) In the Mail Setup dialog box, click on Show Profiles option.
4) Click on Add option to create a new profile.
5) Enter a name in the Profile Name dialog box and click on OK.
6) In Add Account window, select Manual setup or additional server types option and click on Next.
7) Select Microsoft Exchange Server… option and click on Next.
8) Enter the name of the Exchange server and the username of the Exchange account for which OST file is created.
Check the Use Cached Exchange Mode option and click on Next.
9) Once all the above steps are done successfully, the OST file will be created. Click on Finish option.
OST files are the true replica of the data stored in Exchange Server. Hence, even if they are deleted, the data will still exist on the Exchange server. However, the problem arises when the mailbox to which the OST file belongs is deleted. In such a case, the OST files are said to be orphaned and are no longer accessible. Therefore, in such a situation, it becomes necessary to recover data from OST file.
Thus, recovering data from OST file and converting to PST format is the only option left with the users. There exists no manual solution, by which this can be done. However, there are commercial utilities available in the market solely designed for converting corrupted OST file to PST format.
OST Recovery is one of the third party solutions that is deployed for recovery of data from corrupt OST file and then converting it into PST file format. Once the file is converted, it can be imported in Outlook and can be accessed later on. Get the solution how to make OST file to PST file using toolkit which enables the users to convert orphaned OST file in a healthy PST file. In addition to this, it also enables the users to recover even hard deleted emails from the OST file.